Here are 10 facts. Nothing More. Enjoy:
- Last night I saw Bill Bryson speaking at Ely Cathedral, launching his new book.
- There were approximately 1,000 people in the audience.
- He was a funny, engaging speaker.
- He had been asked for an accompanying slide presentation by the event organiser (the owner of the local bookshop).
- The technology required to advance the slides failed repeatedly.
- At first these failures were funny.
- They soon stopped being funny.
- Eventually Mr. Bryson abandoned the slides, the final slide remaining visible for the rest of the event.
- Overall he recovered, because it didn’t feel as if the problem was his fault.
- With content and skill as good as his, you don’t need additional media.*
*OK, that’s an opinion. But it feels like a fact.