On April 1st this year I gave a TEDx talk, which you can watch here.
I learnt quite a lot from it, such as:
- Be ready for tech failures (see if you can spot what happens at 5:28 and how I react to it).
- Rehearsal really, really helps. It means that when things wrong you are better equipped to deal with them.
- You do not need immediate feedback for your talk or presentation to be a success.
- Performance can remove the need for slides.
- Good story-telling goes a long way.
- Being in the moment can create a great connection with the audience (see if you can spot what happens at 9:19 – you’ll probably need headphones).
Does my talk educate you? Inspire you to do something? Or is it simply entertainment?
I hope it’s all three.